Monday, March 7, 2011

Garlic and Bacon Chip Dip


This recipe is on the food network website - Garlic and Bacon dip.  It's pretty much a glorified chip dip.  We really like it, and I would make it again... but it also kinda just tastes like chip dip.  It's better than store bought, with the fresh roasted garlic and actual pieces of bacon.... but still.  It's just chip dip.

I roasted garlic for the first time today, for this recipe.  Thanks brown eyed baker for the awesome how-to for roasting garlic!  It is so easy.  Really, all you have to do is cut off the pointy end so a little of each piece is cut off, pour on some olive oil and a little salt, and toss it in the oven.  I had it in at 400 degrees for 45 minutes and it was perfect.  This is my garlic preparing to be roasted.


For this super easy and yummy dip, all you need is:
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayo
6 slices chopped and crispy bacon
2 cloves roasted garlic
Worcestershire sauce (I forgot to add it until I just saw it on the recipe list now!  oops!)
Scallions or chives (optional - didn't add these either)

Cook your bacon and roast your garlic.  Chop garlic and bacon.  Mix Sour cream and mayo.  Add garlic and bacon and worcestershire sauce to taste.  

I think it gets better the longer it sits and the flavors mix.  I would suggest making it a day before you need to take it somewhere.  At first when we tasted it we tasted the sour cream and mayo, then a second later you taste bacon, with a garlic after-taste.  The longer it sat the more the flavors came together and it tasted much better.  

Also, learning from the last time I chopped and cooked bacon, I reversed the order - cooked, then chopped.  Had good crispy bacon.

1 comment:

  1. This dip was AMAZING! Please make again. -nick

    ReplyDelete