Sunday, February 20, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I wanted to make some banana muffins this morning.  So I looked for some recipes on my trusted old friend, allrecipes.com and found a few.  I love allrecipes.com because people review the recipes and say how they changed them to make them better.  I usually follow some of the tips of things to change...so here is my updated recipe of Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.  It made 17 muffins for me.

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup french vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips + some to decorate the top


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease muffin pan.
In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  In another bowl combine the egg, oil, yogurt, and vanilla.  Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.  (Batter will be very thick).  Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.  Fill greased muffin tin 2/3 full.  I put 3 chocolate chips on the top of each to decorate.  Bake 17-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cooling racks.




They are very moist and yummy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment