Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Too much pasta - not enough veggies!

I was looking back at some of my blog posts from more recently.

We eat a lot of pasta.  It's just so easy and so darn good!

A friend made dinner for us last night - yummy vegetarian tacos.  Black bean and corn tacos, I believe.  Seeing the vegetarian cookbooks in her kitchen and eating those awesome tacos went right along with what I've been thinking about recently - we don't eat enough veggies!

The problem with what I'm thinking is that we don't need less meat... we need less carbs, and healthy choices and portions for meat.  I'm not looking for a diet or anything... just some ideas for better balanced meals.

I went ahead and got online and reserved a few cookbooks from the library that will hopefully be helpful to my "healthy cooking" ideals.  So in the next few weeks you may see some recipes from those!  Any suggestions for recipes or sources would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment